Forum non officiel de la collection “Écoutez le Cinéma”
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Cdiscount : -30€ dès 300€ ...
Voir le deal

Michel Legrand - Lady Oscar

5 participants
AuteurMessage
Chris1770

Chris1770

Michel Legrand - Lady Oscar Empty
MessageSujet: Michel Legrand - Lady Oscar   Michel Legrand - Lady Oscar VideMer 8 Avr - 18:23

Kritzerland Records cancelled a planned release this year. It seems that some French people bullied him to let it go.

Who will release "Lady Oscar" instead?
Mister Lerouge?

I'm really curious.

Dernière édition par Chris1770 le Mer 8 Avr - 19:05, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://stores.ebay.com/SuizoScore-Soundtrack-Store_W0QQcolZ4QQdi
odelay

odelay

MessageSujet: Re: Michel Legrand - Lady Oscar   Michel Legrand - Lady Oscar VideMer 8 Avr - 18:49

Ils ont vraiment l'air de bien s'entendre ça fait plaisir... Rolling Eyes

Au lieu de se tirer dans les pattes, ils feraient mieux d'essayer de creuser chacun un créneau. Kritzerland Records a peut être fait un superbe pour "Lhomme de Rio", mais je n'avais pas apprécié leurs commentaires concernant la sortie Universal. Maintenant si c'est Lerouge qui doit sortir cette partition, ce sera quand même plus logique vu que c'est lui qui l'a inclus pour la première fois dans une compile et au regard ce qu'il fait depuis des d'années pour la musique de Legrand, on ne pourra pas l'accuser d'opportunisme.
Chris1770

Chris1770

MessageSujet: Re: Michel Legrand - Lady Oscar   Michel Legrand - Lady Oscar VideMer 8 Avr - 19:13

Kritzerland hast not just "perhaps" released an excellent release of THAT MAN FROM RIO - they did most certainly release an excellent edition.
The remarks on Universal France are nothing but justified. Lerouge got Desplat to rerecord some music from L'HOMME DE RIO, fine, but Lerouge did not care to ask MGM, as it seems, if they had the tapes.
I ask you: how many times before did Mister Lerouge not ask possible owners of original tapes?
That a legitimate question.
Maybe we better do not know it... To put it in other words, Lerouge crewed up the Rio edition himself. Kritzerland fixed it.
Of course, we do not know for certain if Lerouge bullied Kimmel. Maybe some straw man. Who knows?
http://stores.ebay.com/SuizoScore-Soundtrack-Store_W0QQcolZ4QQdi
odelay

odelay

MessageSujet: Re: Michel Legrand - Lady Oscar   Michel Legrand - Lady Oscar VideMer 8 Avr - 21:16

The release was indeed excellent, but these remarks were definitely not necessary. Lerouge must have a good reason for not getting the tapes, and I seriously doubt it was due for not asking MGM for them.
kfigaro

kfigaro

MessageSujet: Re: Michel Legrand - Lady Oscar   Michel Legrand - Lady Oscar VideJeu 9 Avr - 10:28

I completely agree with Chris1770. S.Lerouge did a fantastic job for Philippe Sarde, Michel Colombier, François De Roubaix or Michel Magne but not really with Georges Delerue (except with the excellent 6 CD longbox and his great compilation for the Truffaut's films) for example : I think of his poor compilations or incomplete and frustrating editions.

The american film music lovers who appreciate the Delerue's music (or Legrand's music) are true when they want a "creative" competition between two producers... personally I don't think that the "monopoly" of a unique producer just like Lerouge in France is really a great thing for the diversity of french film music editions for collectors or others. The arrival of Kritzerland in the french film music market is really a good new and the edition of "The man of Rio" a fresh benediction !
http://astore.amazon.fr/chet-21/
haineshisway

MessageSujet: Re: Michel Legrand - Lady Oscar   Michel Legrand - Lady Oscar VideDim 19 Avr - 20:20

I was inundated with e-mails from supposed "rights" holders after That Man From Rio came out. Coincidence? No. Happily, all I had to do was tell those who wrote me rather strong and attitude-filled e-mails was if they had any questions to address them to the REAL rights holders, MGM Music, Inc. Needless to say, I have not heard from these people since.

But we will have our Legrand and very soon. It's not Lady Oscar but it's quite interesting and it's never been on LP or CD before. Smile
JFHouben

MessageSujet: Re: Michel Legrand - Lady Oscar   Michel Legrand - Lady Oscar VideLun 20 Avr - 8:40

Fine news and thanks for posting it here Cool

Kind regards,

JFH
kfigaro

kfigaro

MessageSujet: Re: Michel Legrand - Lady Oscar   Michel Legrand - Lady Oscar VideLun 20 Avr - 11:26

Thanks you haineshisway ! Wink your job is great ! don't accord attention to that "troll" mailing...
http://astore.amazon.fr/chet-21/
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Michel Legrand - Lady Oscar   Michel Legrand - Lady Oscar Vide

Michel Legrand - Lady Oscar
Page 1 sur 1