Forum non officiel de la collection “Écoutez le Cinéma”
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
-39%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Ordinateur portable ASUS Chromebook Vibe CX34 Flip
399 € 649 €
Voir le deal

Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs

3 participants
AuteurMessage
bewlay

Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs Empty
MessageSujet: Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs   Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs VideDim 11 Sep - 23:15

I'm curious to know if there are any more Pierre Jansen soundtracks being planned for release soon, most notably Les Biches & La Rupture?

Having watched these 2 films again recently, I couldn't help but think that someone missed a trick in not including these scores in the Pierre Jansen-Claude Chabrol compilation that was released several years ago. Both scores, Les Biches & La Rupture, are arguably 2 of the stronger ones he did for Claude Chabrol films.

I'm even surprised that no one has mentioned the La Rupture soundtrack up until now - this one definitely deserves a release, if only for the title track.

I would have thought it a given that these were going to be included in the current compilation, & had to look several times through the track listing until I realized that they weren't there at all.

I was reading on the French section of these forums that the current Jansen-Chabrol compilation was one of the weakest sellers in the series,
hence the possible hesitation in releasing more of his scores.
Not meaning to be disrespectful, but perhaps the reason for its weak sales was because of the inconsistency of the compilation,
& that much of his best 'prime Chabrol' music wasn't included on there?

Juste Avant La Nuit, Le Boucher & Que La Bete Meure are all fantastic, however the remaining music on the compilation doesn't feel as strong.

I would hope that Les Biches & La Rupture will be released eventually, they are my favourites of Pierre Jansen's !

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
kfigaro

kfigaro

MessageSujet: Re: Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs   Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs VideMar 13 Sep - 12:08

Hello bewlay,

Unfortunately Mr Jansen (I've spoken with him at telephone) don't want to have new editions of his old scores on CD or LP. Personally, I want a edition of "Nuit d'or", a avant-garde score with chorus and big orchestra, a true masterwork only released on LP !

"Les biches" was also released on LP in the 70s :

Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs 114202796

it's was a very fine score, delicate and sophisticated.

But I've not remembered any edition of "La rupture" on LP, I think this score is unreleased at this date.

In my opinion, the Pierre Jansen's compilation was a weak sales because of the style of the composer's music in general : atonal, complex, sophisticated, neighbouring Messiaen or Boulez's esthetic (just like Jerry Goldsmith's "Alien" or "Freud"'s music, not as popular as "Papillon" or "First Knight" more melodics) but not because of the choice of the tracks.
http://astore.amazon.fr/chet-21/
bewlay

MessageSujet: Re: Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs   Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs VideMer 14 Sep - 0:07

Hello kfigaro,

That's really unfortunate to hear that Mr Jansen doesn't want any further releases of his soundtracks made available on cd or lp. Is this another reason why there have been no more releases on this label? Do you know why he has said this? Does he have final say on his scores being released? It will have to take a truly devoted fan to change his mind, then....!

You are so correct about his Les Biches score, there is an elegant sophistication about it that
is quite unique. It is intense, feverish & lyrical all at the same time.

It looks like I will have to find someone who has the 70s vinyl version & create some mp3s of the score.

Do you know anyone who has it? Even this version seems quite difficult to find.

kfigaro

kfigaro

MessageSujet: Re: Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs   Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs VideJeu 15 Sep - 15:03

Alas, I don't own the LP of "Les biches", I know this music only by the DVD of the film... Sad
bewlay

MessageSujet: Re: Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs   Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs VideJeu 15 Sep - 16:24

Since you mentioned that Mr Jansen would no longer like to have his music released, I 've been looking around online for previous releases that may contain more of his music.

There is another older cd compilation of Pierre Jansen's music from the films of Claude Chabrol.

It's on Milan Records, and is a 1989 release.

The tracklisting:

1. Le Scandale / Suite (11:40)
2. Juste Avant La Nuit (07:24)
3. Marie-Chantal Contre Le Docteur Kha (06:47)
4. Les Noces Rouges (12:03)
5. Les Innocents Aux Mains Sales (08:30)
6. Le Boucher (09:00)

There are a few compositions on there, such as Les Noces Rouges, & an extended version of Les Innocents Aux Main Sales, that I've only seen on one other compilation. I 've managed to find a copy of the MIlan Records release online & should be receiving it in a few days.

As for the vinyl of Les Biches, I'm going to try to locate that one as well, although it won't be easy.

It's too bad that this score will never be re-released, as I have a feeling it is probably slightly more accessible (while compromising nothing of his style) & would be a great starting point for many people who aren't familiar with Mr Jansen's music.

kfigaro

kfigaro

MessageSujet: Re: Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs   Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs VideVen 16 Sep - 20:59

You're true, "Les Biches" is more accessible than "Le Scandale" (avant-garde and dissonant composition) or "Les Innocents Aux Mains Sales" (very agressive music), this Milan's CD was rare but "Les Noces Rouges" and "Le Scandale" are a really good pieces of music.

But be care : the Milan's suite of "Le boucher" was shorten than the Universal version (that contain the main title theme with microtonal tunes of bells or similar - very soon to the Maurice Ohana music - a classic !).
bewlay

MessageSujet: Re: Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs   Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs VideSam 17 Sep - 11:19

I have the Universal version already, but the Milan release has Le Scandale, Les Noces Rouges, & Les Innocents Aux Mains Sales, which are not available elsewhere. It's my goal to make a new compilation combining these various releases, using the best or most complete versions of whatever exists.

And I think I may have been successful in finding an LP copy of Les Biches...!
Would you be interested in a copy?
kfigaro

kfigaro

MessageSujet: Re: Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs   Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs VideSam 17 Sep - 22:33

Yes, of sure !
Taboulez

Taboulez

MessageSujet: Re: Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs   Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs VideSam 17 Sep - 23:17

kfigaro a écrit:
"Le Scandale" (avant-garde and dissonant composition).
In the movie the complete score is truly avant-gardist (and absolutely fantastic ! arf, the music of the art gallery !), but the Universal-Jazz suite in the Chabrol compilation is more accessible (there is a big waltz and moreover the final ostinato/sherzo of the suite looks almost like some action tracks of John Williams Very Happy ).

kfigaro a écrit:

"Les biches" was also released on LP in the 70s

it's was a very fine score, delicate and sophisticated.

Totally agree with that. If we except one ore two tracks of lounge source music (sympathetics but minors), the rest of the true score is great ! In particular there is one theme (with the voice of a female singer, and wonderful orchestrations) which is truly bewitching (there is an instrumental version of this theme too).

bewlay a écrit:

It looks like I will have to find someone who has the 70s vinyl version & create some mp3s of the score.
If you agree, I have a link to download an excellent rip of this LP (320kbps, and no vynil "scratchs" !).

I can send you this link in private message (and to kfigaro too of course, if he would) Wink .

PS: Personally, i'm in search of the suite "Marie Chantal contre le Docteur Kha (06:47)"
bewlay

MessageSujet: Les Biches   Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs VideDim 18 Sep - 2:16

Hi Taboulez,

I would love to get that 320 rip of Les Biches..!!

Much appreciated....could you send it here? bewlay6 'at' hotmail 'dot' com

I just received that Pierre Jansen Milan cd, & I have made a 320 rip of that track you're looking for Marie Chantal contre le Docteur Kha , which runs at 7mins 26 seconds...!

So let's do a trade...!
bewlay

MessageSujet: Re: Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs   Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs VideMer 18 Avr - 15:59

Les Biches is finally being released through a Spanish label, Saimel, at the beginning of May:

http://www.rosebudbandasonora.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=14968

Someone must have convinced Mr Jansen, because it looks like we're getting the complete score, -20 tracks!- worth of music.

I never thought I'd see the day, but a few more weeks & it's here.
kfigaro

kfigaro

MessageSujet: Re: Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs   Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs VideMar 8 Mai - 1:40

Thanks a lot for this information, dear Bewlay ! very good idea !! Wink
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs   Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs Vide

Pierre Jansen - Les Biches & La Rupture OSTs
Page 1 sur 1